Job Opening: Managing Director, Life Sciences & Healthcare
Springboard is seeking a Managing Director, Life Science & Healthcare with industry experience who will be responsible for the successful leadership, management, and expansion of Springboard programs that support women-led life science and healthcare companies. In this position, you will take ownership of our established Health Innovation Hub, implement the
programs (with support from the team), develop a vision for program expansion, develop direct and personal relationships with industry contacts, and report updates directly to our President. This position offers significant opportunities to establish a leadership presence in the market and develop meaningful relationships with experienced entrepreneurial talent, industry advisors, and investors. The role is not for those who prefer to operate within a structured environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may be based in DC, NYC, Boston, or San Francisco. Candidates will not be considered without a cover letter and a written response to address your interest in Springboard. We are seeking candidates who are thoughtful about their application and can articulate the value they will add and why this role is a fit with their professional goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Vision and Leadership
- Develop a vision and operational plan to guide Springboard’s programs in this industry, designed to have a meaningful
impact on the growth of women-led companies in this space. Success in this role will require building on an established
and successful 10-year program while ensuring it evolves with the market.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization and represent the organization at community activities to enhance the
organization’s community profile
- Develop a fundraising plan and secure the funding to produce the program
- Secure in-kind venues and source other in-kind resources as needed (e.g. media, press, printing)
- Recruit and maintain relationships with the industry talent involved in the program (including Springboard Alumnae, Life
Science Council and other experts)
- Recruit entrepreneur candidates for accelerator programs and manage the selection of participating companies
- Drive engagement of Life Science Alumnae within Springboard’s online community and act as the key point of contact
- Debrief selected companies, sponsors, and other key stakeholders post-program and produce a final report
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services in this industry
- Develop the program budget, manage expenses, and develop program timeline
- Develop program materials with support from team
- Create and manage program-related webpages
- Maintain and update database with contact information and expertise for participating entrepreneurs and experts
- 5+ years biotech/pharma or healthcare industry experience within a big company or a startup (preferred) or in executive
recruiting, investing, or strategic consulting
- Springboard is pro-entrepreneur and seeks someone who can embody Springboard’s positioning in the market as a “Switzerland” by exhibiting a relational, not transactional, approach to working with others
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to work with individuals across many geographies and personality types
- Experience with or willingness to learn file-sharing, email marketing, design, database, and project management tools
$80,000-$100,000 annually depending on the level of industry expertise and program management experience.