Dolphin Tank® – The “How Can We Help”
Elevator Pitch Session
Upcoming Dolphin Tanks:
- September 20: Dolphin Tank with Revolution at 1871 in Chicago, IL
- September 28: Dolphin Tank with Fish and Richardson at Social Driver in Washington, DC.
- November 3: Dolphin Tank with GSP at Hera Hub in Washington, DC
Past Dolphin Tanks
- January 27: Montgomery County Dolphin Tank in Rockville, MD
- January 28: PNC Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- February 11: K&L Gates Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- March 13: Dolphin Tank: Fashion Tech at the Dell Lounge with Microsoft, .Co and WeWork in Austin, TX
- March 23: Dolphin Tank with Bowie Business Innovation Center in Bowie, MD
- March 29 & March 30: Dolphin Tank with GWU New Venture Competition Finalists in Washington, DC
- April 17: Dolphin Tank with International Business Innovation Association (InBIA) in Orlando, FL
- May 11: Dolphin Tank with Long Beach City College & Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program in Long Beach, CA
- November 5: Tech Shop Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- November 12: Indiana Conference for Women in Indianapolis, IN
- November 16: GWU Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- December 7: GWU Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
Springboard Enterprises Dolphin Tank® programs are “helpful feedback-driven” pitch sessions designed to provide entrepreneurs with actionable insights from knowledgeable people. The Dolphin Tank isn’t about Sharks or Dragons or a competition for the best idea, it’s about channeling the expertise of the people in the room to provide connections and advice to help entrepreneurs take the next step.
This pitch-practice event allows experienced or aspiring entrepreneurs the platform to deliver a two-minute elevator pitch about their idea, product, challenge or business. An interactive discussion led by an expert panel then focuses on one thing: “How can we help?”. Whether it is a thoughtful question, constructive feedback, a new approach to thinking about the problem, or a connection – we leverage the collective network and expertise of the people in the room to support the entrepreneurs taking center stage.
Sessions have been held in New York City, Boston, D.C., Los Angeles, Austin, Kansas City, Sydney, Rio De Janeiro, Halifax, and New Delhi with partners like the Dell Women Entrepreneurs Network, Foster.ly, Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATA), and Startup America. Dolphin Tank programs are also held at GWU multiple times each semester in partnership with CFEE and the GWU Office of Entrepreneurship.
Please contact Anna Consani (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to partner to host or sponsor a Dolphin Tank program.
Dolphin Tanks in the News
- Capital Gazette, March 31, 2016, “Early-stage business owners get some sage advice“
- New America Media, March 22, 2016, “Dolphin Tank friendlier than ‘sharks’ in senior-business competition“