About the Dolphin Tank® Program
Springboard Enterprises Dolphin Tank® programs are “helpful feedback-driven” pitch sessions for entrepreneurs to receive constructive insights from knowledgeable professionals. Dolphin Tanks aren’t about sharks, piranhas, dragons, or competing for the best idea – they’re about channeling the expertise of the people in the room. The Dolphin Tank is an interactive discussion led by an expert panel that focuses on one thing: “How can we help?” The objective is to provide connections and advice to enable entrepreneurs to overcome their challenges and capitalize on their opportunities.
Three Core Elements: Our Dolphin Tank sessions have been featured in corporate board rooms, business school competitions, and at entrepreneurial association conferences across the world. While the venues and audiences may change, every session shares three core elements:
1. The Presenters
Companies are selected through an application process or by referral from our partners and affiliates. Guidelines and prep calls are provided.
2. The Pitch
Companies deliver a 2-minute pitch, including a specific “ask” addressing a challenge or a unique opportunity.
3. The Audience
Solutions, connections, and strategies are crowdsourced from the audience, and all are provided a means to connect digitally.
We’re Making a Global Splash!
Springboard has partnered with Dell and Guggenheim Partners to take the Dolphin Tank to four international locations. We kicked off this series in Capetown, South Africa last year, and will with a Dolphin Tank in Austin, Texas during SXSW, 2017.
- February 8th – Gothenburg, Sweden @ Connect2Capital Conference
- February 10th – Stockholm, Sweden @ Stockholm School of Economics
- February 24th – Sydney, Australia @ Town Hall, Sydney
- February 27th – Singapore, China @ The Great Room Offices
- March 12th – Austin, TX @ The Sunset Room
Look out for a local Dolphin Tank near you coming soon! Want to bring Dolphin Tank to your city, conference, summit or corporation?
- January 27: Montgomery County Dolphin Tank in Rockville, MD
- January 28: PNC Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- February 11: K&L Gates Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- March 13: Dolphin Tank: Fashion Tech at the Dell Lounge with Microsoft, .Co and WeWork in Austin, TX
- March 23: Dolphin Tank with Bowie Business Innovation Center in Bowie, MD
- March 29 & March 30: Dolphin Tank with GWU New Venture Competition Finalists in Washington, DC
- April 17: Dolphin Tank with International Business Innovation Association (InBIA) in Orlando, FL
- May 11: Dolphin Tank with Long Beach City College & Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program in Long Beach, CA
- September 20: Dolphin Tank with Revolution at 1871 in Chicago, IL
- September 28: Dolphin Tank with Fish and Richardson at Social Driver in Washington, DC.
- November 3: Dolphin Tank with GSP at Hera Hub in Washington, DC
- November 14: Dolphin Tank with Microsoft in Seattle, WA
- November 5: Tech Shop Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- November 12: Indiana Conference for Women in Indianapolis, IN
- November 16: GWU Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
- December 7: GWU Dolphin Tank in Washington, DC
Dolphin Tanks in the News
- Capital Gazette, March 31, 2016, “Early-stage business owners get some sage advice“
- New America Media, March 22, 2016, “Dolphin Tank friendlier than ‘sharks’ in senior-business competition“