Springboard’s Dolphin Tank is a pitch event that brings the power of our collective community to women entrepreneurs innovating in technology. Our Dolphin Tank events showcase exciting women-led companies and provide them with the opportunity for connections, capital, and insight from our audience of investors, advisors, and industry leaders.
Join Springboard Enterprises and Dolphin Tank sponsor OneKC for Women for an exciting pitch event featuring women founders and entrepreneurs, expert panelists, and interactive audience participation!
When and Where
Thursday, August 4, 2022
5:00 PM CT – 8:00 PM CT
900 W 48th St, Kansas City, MO 64112
Please note: This will be an in-person event
We’re Showcasing Women in Tech!
Does your company have at least one woman founder, entrepreneur, or executive in a key leadership position? Do you advise one? Pitch your company at Dolphin Tank!
Don’t wait! Applications are due July 14, 2022.
Criteria for presenting companies:
- Applications are open to women entrepreneurs in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Iowa.
- The company must have at least one woman founder or in a key leadership position.
- Areas of focus that include, but are not limited to enterprise-focused tech solutions.
- Demonstrated innovation in your industry and traction in your market.
- Seed stage to growth stage.
- Must be able to present in Kansas City, MO on August 4th.
Springboard Enterprises values diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as essential to our mission and more broadly to a thriving, equitable, and just global community. We encourage women entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Dolphin Tank participants will have access to learning opportunities, mentorship, and access to capital via: Funding Your Small Business, Pitching to Investors, and Equity Prep classes offered by the KCWBC. Funding Your Small Business is a one-hour workshop providing an understanding of debt and equity funding. Equity seekers are encouraged to take the next step with pitching to investors an orientation workshop. Debt funding candidates may be interested in a microloan or banker referral or one-on-one counseling with KCWBC’s Client Services Manager for potential financial preparation. Pitching to Investors is a two-hour orientation that introduces the business owner pursuing equity funding with terminology and the process that is necessary to attract investors. Equity Prep takes a deeper dive into raising equity funding. The program helps entrepreneurs get ready for several pathways, including Digital Sandbox, Dolphin Tank, Angel Investors, and Demo Days.
How Dolphin Tank Works
While the venues and audiences may vary, every Dolphin Tank shares these core elements:
- Entrepreneurs and their companies are selected via an application process.
- Presenters deliver a three-minute pitch addressing a challenge or unique opportunity.
- Solutions, connections, and strategies are crowdsourced from the audience.