The Associate Director of Development is responsible for developing Springboard’s strategy for philanthropic growth with a focus on corporate partnerships.
Springboard Enterprises is a 22 year-old nonprofit organization dedicated to the mission of supporting women entrepreneurs. Our programs and community of venture capital investors, entrepreneurs and advisors serve as the catalyst behind some of the most innovative companies in the Life Science, Digital Health, Women’s Health, Retail Technology, and Digital Media/Technology industries.
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for executing Springboard’s strategy for philanthropic growth with a primary focus on individual giving, and a secondary focus on foundation or government grants. You will work closely with the CEO, the Board of Directors to identify, solicit, cultivate, and increase general operating and program support from individuals and foundations sources, to meet or exceed a fundraising goal of $1.5 million annually. It is expected that you will be a collaborative, entrepreneurial, creative, energetic, and natural fundraiser and are well-versed in all aspects of the fundraising loop from cultivation to solicitation to stewardship and back again. With flexible work location, as the Associate Director of Development, you will need to be highly self-motivated and personally accountable. You will help build a culture of giving that fosters support for Springboard’s mission.
- Works closely with the Board and CEO to develop and cultivate relationships to achieve individual development goals, support enterprise goals, and to further our impact, with a focus on securing donor commitments.
- Leverages volunteers and board members as door openers and relationship builders and provides support for their outreach via email campaign development, producing collateral material (decks, one-sheets, etc)
- Oversees the execution of high-level stewardship experience and recognition programs in order to cultivate new expanded opportunities; collaborates with program staff on the ongoing cultivation of existing donor relationships.
- Provide detailed and accurate reports on fundraising progress to the CEO and Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Plan and manage donor-related events and programs.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that all development materials convey a clear, consistent, and effective message about the mission of Springboard.
- Send timely and accurate acknowledgement letters.
- Create new or update existing communication tools to engage with donors and prospective donors.
- Utilize social media tools to cultivate interest and excitement for Springboard programs and outreach to potential funders.
- Create ways to thoughtfully include Board Members in the fundraising process.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of 3-5 years successful experience in fundraising and executive-level relationship development.
- Exceptional written communication skills as well as poised communicator in social and business settings.
- Driven and motivated by exceeding goals and expectations.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to gracefully keep others on track.
- Established ability to build and cultivate relationships and influence strategies and techniques for high-level corporate executives, foundations, high net-worth individuals, and diverse constituents.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, venture capital industry, and women’s initiatives.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Remains composed under stress, handles multiple priorities tactfully, and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Ability to deeply analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
- Proficient in CRMs (EveryAction experience a plus), Canva, Social Media and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent project management, planning, and organization skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced entrepreneurial-like environment.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Some travel required
How to apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Development@springboardenterprises.org
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers competitive compensation including health insurance, paid vacation, national holidays. Springboard is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org