Springboard is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our marketing team. If you are a graphic designer or social media strategist, please apply here…
Springboard Enterprises is a 20+ year-old nonprofit organization dedicated to the mission of supporting women entrepreneurs. Our programs and community of entrepreneurs, venture capital investors, and advisors serve as the catalyst behind some of the most innovative companies in the Life Science, Digital Health, Retail Technology, and Digital Media/Technology industries.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the positive image and exposure of our non-profit focused on advancing women entrepreneurs. As the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for building and executing a communications program that connects to our constituents of sponsors, donors, venture capital investors, women entrepreneurs, and advisors. You will drive the organization’s communication programs through exceptional storytelling and cross-functional collaboration in a high growth environment. Reports to the VP of Brand & Community.
The Marketing Manager is the creator, developer, and manager of image and messaging in three primary categories.
- Printed Materials: The Manager will oversee the design and creation of various forms of printed materials necessary to communicate the message, including:
- Program Collateral – the packets, pamphlets, posters, business cards and other traditionally printed material to distribute at meetings, events and promotions
- Impact Report – the summary of work completed over the course of the fiscal year.
- Recurring Publications – including newsletters and other printed pieces designed for distribution and fundraising.
- Event Collateral – the printed programs, posters and promotional items used at fundraising, volunteer and promotional events
- Digital Communication: The Manager will manage the digital communications platform for all of the organization including:
- Social Media Presence – centralize organizational messaging through Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Website – managing the content, design, layout, and function of the website. Knowledge and experience with WordPress is important.
- Data Analytics – utilize the tools to design and manage the on-line and “earned media” interest in the mission through Ad-Words and Analytics, Facebook and other sources.
- Communication – distribute key messaging (i.e newsletter) to audiences such as staff, donors and volunteers via our Every Action email portal and Mobilize.
- Campaign Management – collaborate and help manage online giving campaigns in conjunction with our Director of Development. Can utilize technology such as text-to-donate and incorporate e-tools into fundraising campaigns.
- Event Promotions – promote fundraising events, volunteer opportunities, programs and other events to potential participants.
- External Media: The Manager is responsible for engaging the traditional public media to deliver the message in the following formats:
- Audio/Video Production – create and deliver the message through various audio/video productions such as, podcasts, blogs, social media and other distribution methods
Coordinate and assist in other marketing efforts and administrative tasks as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
The Marketing Manager must demonstrate alignment with our mission and core values and possess the internal motivation and passion to support women entrepreneurs. The ideal candidate for the position demonstrates the following qualities:
- Is qualified: Holds a bachelor’s degree and has at least two years of demonstrated marketing and communication success and is well versed in both the technology and trends of the field. Can design and maintain content, images, and branding in social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other platforms such as blogs, podcasts, and video (YouTube).
- Is creative: Creates new, engaging messages and possibilities for the organization; intentionally seeks and studies ideas from a multitude of inspirational sources. Previous experience in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field. Superior ability in Canva, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Is goal oriented: Manages to metrics, OKR’s and Key Performance Indicators, including meeting or exceeding goals/objectives, monitoring performance and reporting results; is a “self-starter” who is internally motivated and does not require significant supervision.
- Develops people: Inspires and leads volunteers and interns to achieve goals within the context of building a “performance culture.” Is accessible to volunteers and associates at all levels, interacting consistently, openly and honestly to assure everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
- Works well with others: Utilizes excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills; the ability to work effectively with donors, board members, volunteers, staff and interns; displays mature judgment, high emotional intelligence and effective communication skills.
- Is fiscally responsible: To continue to meet efficiency goals of the organization, Marketing Manager must be accountable for expenditures, secure in-kind sponsorships, and leverage relationships to reduce operating costs by negotiating discount and benefits with vendors and venues.
- Is a recognized leader: Continually seeks learning and self-improvement, maintains the highest ethical standards and values and encourages others toward higher levels of effectiveness.
- Is a capable communicator: Demonstrates effective communication skills in writing, interpersonal communication, and public speaking; understands the importance of listening.
- Is focused and well organized: Is prepared, conscientious, effective, and able to prioritize in an environment with multiple deadlines, simultaneous demands and complicated schedules. Organize and maintain Springboard’s image asset library
- Is teachable: Has an attitude of openness, is eager to learn new things, and does not get stuck in a repetitive pattern of doing the same things the same way for too long. Can quickly comprehend complex concepts and will accept instruction.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers competitive compensation including health insurance, paid vacation, national holidays, and a 401k plan. This role is remote / virtual.
How to Apply
Please submit a compelling cover letter, and resume to Evelyn@springboardenterprises.org with the subject line “Marketing Manager”
To apply for this job email your details to Evelyn@springboardenterprises.org